Bluehost review is a comprehensive analytical review of Bluehost web hosting services.
You need a good web hosting that can host the website if you want it to stay online properly. Choosing right web hosting provider is critical because visitor’s experience on the website depends on the performance of the servers also. It should be fast and quick to the requests made by the visitor’s browser.
In Bluehost web hosting review article we take a look at everything that Bluehost Web hosting offer from customer perspective. We review it so that you can see how efficient Bluehost Web hosting is and what options it provide.
Services offered by Bluehost
Bluehost is in web hosting business for long time and are pivoting the type of products they provide. Currently when it comes to hosting, they provide hosting in four categories.
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
Let us talk about all these categories one by one.
Shared Hosting is the type of hosting that provided to many customers who share the same hardware and IP. One server is responsible for hosting many websites at once and you cannot use much of the resources as it is used by many other websites at once. You can host static pages, PHP pages, you can use the MySQL capabilities of the server and what not.
Shared Hosting is a perfect choice that you can use to host a normal website that doesn’t have too much traffic and doesn’t need many resources.
Popular CMS WordPress is developed by Automattic and it is one of the most used content management systems used to run websites and blogs around the world. WordPress Hosting by Bluehost is an optimized hosting service that provides a better WordPress site performance.
As per Bluehost claims they built WordPress hosting using their VPS technology and they have made ample changes to provide an environment in which a WordPress website can perform its best!
When your website gains more visitors or users, you may need more resources and space for your website to use. VPS is the perfect way to go in these situations.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. Using virtualization and partitioning system resources, hosting companies provide VPS servers that are virtually all your own and you can use the full allotted system resources for yourself.
The VPS plans by Bluehost seem quite good to be honest. The plans start from $14.99 for the most basic VPS plan and you get 2 CPU cores, 30 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB bandwidth along with a dedicated IP address.
As the name suggests, Dedicated stands for a whole server all to yourself. You can rent a whole dedicated server from Bluehost and use it to host your website or apps.
These dedicated servers come in different configurations and the most basic one comes with 4 x 2.5 Ghz CPU, 1 TB storage, 4 GB RAM, and you get a bandwidth of 5 TB along with three IP addresses. You can get this plan for $74.99 which is better than many plans seen from other hosting providers. The plans go up to $124.99 and you get a better server with better specifications.
How is Bluehost Support?
Not only about the good products but also they provide great service.
When it comes to Bluehost support, we had some great experiences. They have various support choices such as
- live chat
- telephonic support,
- a ticket system
- huge knowledge base which help to solve certain issues yourself
The team is quite responsive and helpful and they make sure you are satisfied with the solutions they provide. They close the ticket after ensuring the satisfaction of the user.
Reliability and Uptime
Bluehost is in web hosting business for long time and when it comes to uptime, they claim to provide an uptime of 99.9% guaranteed. But to be honest, the technical errors that might come up may take more time. Though Bluehost claims that they solve most technical problems within 15 minutes, there can be situations where this time may extend a bit.
Ease of Use/Control Panel Interface
Bluehost provides a cPanel control panel which makes it easy to manage your hosting account as you have every option related to hosting under one single roof. Options like DNS settings, file manager, adding more domains, managing security and other things are made very easy in cPanel.
You can edit codes in the File manager and you also install scripts like WordPress, Joomla and many others using Softaculous which is built in inside cPanel. It makes it easy else you have to install scripts manually which can be a tough task for many.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost Web Hosting
Bluehost Review – Pros
- Price: You get one of the best web hosting available for as low as $3.95.
- Support: Bluehost has one of the best support systems in which users can get their problems and issues resolved in much less time.
- Money Back Guarantee: Bluehost gives a 30-day full refund guarantee in which you can request a refund if you are not satisfied with their service.
- Bonus marketing material: You get ad credits that you can use on various networks like Google, Facebook etc. to promote the website or content you are producing.
- Uptime: The best thing about Bluehost is the uptime they provide with their servers. They guarantee an uptime of 99%.
Bluehost Review – Cons
- CPU Usage is limited: You can just use the 10% of the CPU usage and after that you will be alerted and if you still continue to use the site, your site will be taken down.
- Ticket response time: The ticket response time sometimes is slow due to high number of customers they have.
- Website migration charge: Bluehost charges $99.9 for a website migration if you request them. Other web hosting companies do it for free!
- No Windows Server: Currently Bluehost only has a fleet of Linux-only servers and if you are looking for making Windows-based apps or site to work, then tough luck.
- Only 1 set of DNS: When it comes to DNS, Bluehost only has 1 set of DNS and hence DNS fetching can be slow sometimes.
Bluehost Review: Conclusion
Bluehost is one of the most experienced web hosting companies in the world. They are hosting various types of websites and our research before going through their service shown that they reviews good . There could be some exceptions but generally it can be rated well.
From our experience we rate them well and can say that they are better than some of the web hosting companies that we tried. We are planning to stick with them and continue some of the websites hosting with Bluehost . They are generally meeting majority of our web hosting requirements with value for money.