WordPress Security is a major things to consider with the growing acceptance of WordPress as a content management system.
As WordPress is one of the most popular CMS, and it is used on a great amount of sites, it is one of the first aim of hackers and malicious software coders. So to make WordPress secure as possible is a crucial. It is so true that prevention is better than cure.
How To Ensure WordPress Security ?
Infected websites may lead to lose traffic and most importantly the trust of the visitors. There are many kinds of infections from the simplest ones that can be removed easily, to more complex ones that are extremely hard to remove. Hackers use the weak points of WordPress and the plugins.
10 tips to make WordPress secure to prevent infections and hacker attacks.
- Always update WordPress and Plugins. To prevent the mention problems the WP and plugins developers always update their software to fix the weak points. Therefore, always update.
- Backup regularly. Backing up is crucial in order to restore in case of infect attacks. I suggest you to choose a hosting provider that allow automatic backup.
- Sign Up for Google Search Console. If you add your site to this service you can get a warning if some sort of problems occurs on your site, so you can take steps immediately.
- Go with Trusted Hosting . Sometimes security issues with the hosting may also leads to security vulnerability issues .Hence select a web hosting provider who take care of security issues as well.
- Use WordPress Secure Plugins. – These tools help to monitor your files and changes, state of your system. It suggest checking for this purpose the following plugins: Secure WordPress, WordPress Firewall, WordPress File Monitor Plus
- One Time FTP Connection. Hackers may use virus on your PC that sends the FTP connection details to them. With this they have full access to your website. So, set up a fresh FTP connection and as soon as you do not need you can delete it from cPanel as well as from FTP software.
- Delete Unused Plugins and Scripts. If you do not use a theme, plugin or other script any more delete it. It may be a weak point of your system.
- Check Your Site Regularly. Fortunately, there are some online checkers that not only tell you if your site is infected or not, but the parts that must be repaired for prevention.Example : sucuri.net
- Never Use Software from Untrusted Places. Sometimes you can find plugins and other scripts on smaller forums, on blogs etc. that may look useful, but always keep in mind that they may be harmful. Check them before uploading.
- Use Powerful Antivirus on Your PC. Though it is not typically connect to make WordPress secure, but if you work with websites using a good firewall and antivirus is a must.